I am so behind in my postings that I have decided that today is the day to get caught up.....at least a little anyway!
J has been doing great in XC this year. It is her first year running and she is doing so well. She is on the B team and is usually in the top 3 for Horizon runners. She has gotten one ribbon for placing 24th and she was thrilled...of course that was on a day that I couldn't make the meet so I missed it. Now I just need to figure out a way to get the picture of the awards ceremony a friend took off my phone.
I love the following picture as it shows the determination on her face as she nears the finish line....she seriously wants to get in front of this other runner.
Here is another meet that her dad was able to come watch...this is the only race he has been able to see of her and so she was just thrilled beyond belief that he was there (she is of course, a daddy's girl). She wanted to do well for him and came in 26th. We thought that was awesome since towards the end of the course we yelled at her that she was 34th so pass 10 runners. She always pours it on in the final stretch to pass several runners.....she will do great in track this year! Anyway, she was in tears after as she wanted to be in the top 25.......they get ribbons, ok sometimes depending on the school hosting the event.
Awwwwwweeeee...look at that face she has.....only daddy could comfort her that day.
She is nearing the end of the season and she is really trying hard to get on the A team....one time she was only 30 seconds too slow to make the team. She was bummed, but is still having a great time. Keep up the good work J!!
Class Picture
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment