As you can tell, I am waaaaaay behind on my blog posts. Gotta catch up or I won't have a book for this year to publish (we won't mention that I still haven't published my book for last year yet...yikes)
So I will be doing a marathon of posts these next couple of weeks....hopefully. I think I said that not too many months ago. gah!
The girls headed to the temple with the youth....they seem to have not gone for quite some time, so this was a good time for pictures. I love that M and J get to go together and share this special time with each other. I always wished I had a sister close in age to do that with....I sometimes feel jipped.
Also, M decided she wanted to join the National Honor Society at school. I think mostly because she wanted the cord to hang around her neck at graduation....but none the less, we attended her induction ceremony.
And last but not least, there was the YW fundraiser for Girl's Camp. I was busy with that for a few months before the event, but I was not alone, thank goodness. The leaders helped a lot and actually came up with the idea and wanted to do a Silent Auction and Dinner. I would have picked something else, but that was cool. The girls had to go around to local businesses and get donations. Then they also had to donate something from them....babysitting, a craft, baked good...what ever they wanted to make or a service they wanted to do. It was a huge success!!!! Did I say that it was a success? It was an awesome turn out and I think everyone had a great time. We made a boatload of money, but was totally bummed that I didn't have the highest bid on the massage...I needed one after all that work.
I think the girls had a fun time helping with the dinner and setting it all up and seeing how much each of their items went for. Thanks SC Ward for your participation. Can't wait to spend it all on camp and get to know this great girls better surviving in the wilderness.
FYI....M drew some pictures and J offered babysitting
Class Picture
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment