The most exciting (for M anyway) is that I spent 2 days painting her new room. She has been going back and forth on colors for a couple of months now, but finally decided on 2 colors. Green is not a surprise to me cuz she has always liked the limy cool-looking green. But the purple was a shock to me. She has never been the girly girl in liking those prissy colors of pink and purple. But the purple she chose is actually a very pretty deep purple. Yes, it is dark but with the green on the bottom half, it looks nice together.
Of course, I am not finished yet, as a chair rail needs to be added to the color break before she can move in. I would love to get her curtains done too, but I doubt she wants to wait any longer to get into her OWN room. She has shared her whole life and I am just as excited to see her in her own room as she is. BTW, T is loving his new room. And the little girls are way to anxious for me to paint their room too. I guess it is a good thing it is getting colder so I am not tempted to play outside.I also volunteered in K's class for several hours, babysat 3 kids, ran a few errands, and even managed to make dinner before heading off to watch M win her softball game in the sleet and wind. She wondered why I didn't take pictures that day? Hmmmmmm. A dip in a hot tub would have been perfect after that one.
I canned apple pie filling with apples from our tree. There were so many and I knew we couldn't eat them all before they went bad, so thanks to a great friend for the recipe, I tried that for the first time. It sure tasted good when I put them in the jars, so I am anxious to try it in a pie. I love learning new things!
I called a friend long distance to wish her a happy birthday--Happy B-Day Michelle! Dropped a gift off at another friend who had a birthday and called my parents to wish them a happy anniversary. 55 Years! CONGRATS Mom and Dad-you are the best!Yesterday, I was able to spend the day with K again on her field trip to the movies. We went to see "CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS" and it was cute. The kids thought the best part was when the huge pancake fell on the school and the kids yelled: "No School! No School!" Afterwards, we all went back to the school and had a spaghetti and meatball lunch. It was a fun way to tie it all together. What would you do if food kept falling from the sky?? (GET FAT!)
Now, the rest of the week will be visiting teaching appointments, my VT coming, activity days, cross country meet, softball game, school meeting, carpool, Seminary, running kids on errands, Primary program practice, Air Force football game, cleaning out the garage, moving more rock,.........plus no school today for the little girls and early out for all tomorrow. That doesn't even count any extra things I would like to do either. Can I fit sleeping and eating in there somewhere??? I love my life and I love being busy, even though I love not being busy as well. Most weeks I look at my calendar on Sunday and think it is not a bad week. But by the time Monday afternoon rolls around, it seems like 5 more things have been added. And then it just snowballs from there. The problem lies when I have 3 things going on at the same time with 3 different kids and my hubby is at work and can't help. It takes a lot of juggling and I can usually manage. Like today: T has a XC meet at 3:30 and he runs first. M has a softball game at 3:45 and she plays second. Thank goodness they are both here in town-often times T runs up north. Then J has activity days tonight at 6:30. So if all goes well, I can make it to everything and still get home in time to get J off with a full stomach. Sometimes something has to give though and that is the school board meeting tonight at 6:30. It is an important one because they are trying to decide if they should move 6th grade to the elementary school or move 7th and/or 8th grade to the high school. I am sorry, but I don't want my 7th grader to go with all those 12th graders--can I shield them for just a bit longer please! Thank goodness there is another meeting next week that I think I can make. Anyway, NO complaining here at all, just stating the facts.
Life is crazy sometimes but it sure is rewarding, isn't it???
3 comments:
How does life keep getting busier by the day??? When is your primary program? We just had ours Sunday. Glad it's behind me, the kids did awesome!!
I have some new books you might enjoy reading. They are called The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. I read both in 1 week. I was like 30 on the list at the library so I went and bought my own.
I have heard those are really good and I keep thinking I am going to get them.
Sounds like things have not changed! :)
Post a Comment