It's Labor Day and that means Hot Air Balloons! I admit that for several years after we went to the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque (I think 7 years in a row), I didn't even want to go to this one at Memorial Park. It was never going to be as good as the 1000 balloons that were at the Fiesta, besides the fact that there are never any special shapes at this one. So we didn't go for the first few years we lived here, but last year some friends invited us and I thought we should give it a try. For those of you that have been to the BIG one in NM, you know that this one indeed can not compare, but we have decided that this is a good alternative. I still can't get my entire family to go with me but at least I got all my girls to go this year. I couldn't even tempt the boys with breakfast out afterwards.
Anyway, it was simply a gorgeous day for balloon flying and I was able to get some great pictures now that I have my camera working again. There is nothing like being in among all the balloons as they are inflating and taking off. There is so much noise and chaos and so many people, but it is so fun to be in the thick of things. I love when they soar over head and then dip low to touch the lake. Some bounce right in and then right up again, while others skim the top of the water for awhile. We have decided that the latter requires more skill even though the "dunkers" are the funnest to watch.





We sure miss the Fiesta in NM and maybe one of these years we will get back there (my sister moved so we don't have a place to stay), but for now, this is our Labor Day tradition that we can enjoy.
Now we are off for more holiday fun! See Ya!!
6 comments:
Up, Up and away for the fun of the balloons. What a great way to celebratethe the end of a great summer and the beginning of a new school year.
Keep having fun.
I can't seem to find the "umpf" to get up that early!! We really have to try it...maybe next year! Is it worth the loss of sleep?
We never went when we lived in CO but it looks really cool. I know my kids would love it! It is amazing to me that you are all wearing jackets though. Still like 90 here! Great pictures!
Hey, we didn't see you guys there. I don't know how we missed you =)! Next year I will come to your house and drag your boys out of bed. Great pics!
We never went to that...always on a soccer field. Looked like fun! :)
Oh my gosh, you got such terrific pictures! So beautiful. What an experience. The only time I ever went they didn't go up! I'm glad you went and shared your photographs. I really like them!
Post a Comment