Yes my oldest daughter turned 14 today and she was so excited. I am not sure why it is better to be 14 than 13, but she was counting down the days and finally it arrived. And the first present she got this morning was a 2 hour delay for school-she was thrilled. Next came a breakfast of scrambled eggs and bacon and she was off.
I decided that she should have some fun today, so I surprised her by pulling her out of school early to go shopping for jeans, after a stop at Sonic for a slushie of course. Yea, I know there is 3 inches of snow on the ground and it is in the 20's, but the sun is out--doesn't that constitute a cold slushie???? It was nice to have some one-on-one time with her this afternoon.
Tonight we headed to Red Robin for dinner (gotta love those coupons for free burgers) to celebrate. YUM! We had the waitresses sing to her and so that is always fun and embarrassing. On home we went to open presents and enjoy some more family time. I always am the one to buy the gifts and there is always 5-one from each family member. But today she had 6! K came home from school today and called me to see if she could use some paper to wrap M's gift. She had come home and made her a gift out of paper. What a sweetheart to think of her big sister.
Hope you had a great day M! Now we need to go out and spend that certificate real soon.
HAPPY 14th BIRTHDAY!

6 comments:
That's so fun of you to take her out of school and shopping! That will be a lasting memory for her. Woo hoo, 14! She should still be a little girl in primary in my book.
20 degrees in CO, burr. I think I've forgotten (just a little) what a "real" winter is like.
You are such a cool mom! Good job!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, M! 14...BIG! T is waiting for 12 so that he can pass the sacrament... ;)
Happy Birthday to "M". It sounds like you all had a wonderful day including he birthday girl.
I wish her a year of days filled with love. Wish I were there to give her a hug.
love from your gandma
sorry about the funny comment. I didn't think I wrote what was published. just know that I send my love.
Sounds like a perfect 14th birthday to me! And what an adorable picture....I'm so happy she had such a great day.
Post a Comment