It seems that every year that goes by seems to zip by faster and faster. I can't believe it is already 2011! And today is 1-1-11. Did everyone make a wish today???
Anyway, New Year's Eve is always one that I like because we spend it together as a family. We really don't like going anywhere, just hanging out together at home. Ok, so T heads to the youth dance every year, but that starts later, so we still get lots of family time in. And besides that, this year is very cold....single digits with a wind chill of 20 below.....and icy roads. (Very nice time to stay in)
This year was the normal homemade pizza for dinner......
Then games, games, and more games.......
Can you tell what M is trying to get them to say???
Then a movie......This year is was Avatar since we haven't watched that in a long time.
Then watching the ball drop in Time Square.......
And lastly, braving the cold and heading outside to watch the fireworks going off at the top of Pikes Peak.....
Ok, so for the first time since 1922, the firework display was cancelled due to 90 mile an hour winds at the top of the peak and below zero temperatures. It was sad not to see them this year, but we still had our "horns" to blow to usher in the new year.
7 comments:
Keep making those memories .... for your children will always remember them. Just ask me about the memories I have of my growing up. Sending love to my youngest and her family. kmp
I am so laughing...I just had changed my blog and went to yours and we have almost the same background...great minds think alike. We do the same things so often, it amazes me. I guess we must be related...lol
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Love those family memories. :o)
M is telling everyone to "raise the roof"! Am I right?
Great pics and what a fun night! I was bummed about the fireworks, too. I was afraid we just couldn't see the or something.
You are right Tara! It was RAISE THE ROOF! It was so funny. We love that game.
Yep, I was going to say "raising the roof" too! Too bad about the fireworks, we watch for them every year. I ended up putting a fireworks background on my phone for my kids so it was pretty much the same thing! =) Happy New Year!
Looks like your family knows how to bring in the New Year! So much fun! We spent the night trying to get home. I'd rather have been at your house!
Post a Comment