Monday, August 22, 2011

Batter Up!

Yes, it is that time of year again.....SOFTBALL season.  It seems odd to have it as a fall sport, but that is how they do it here and so we go with it. 

M made Varsity this year and was over the moon about it......we all were pretty jazzed about it.  She will play 1st base for the most part.....which she is excited about.  She will catch some too as she is good at that as well.
The coach has asked her and 2 other sophomores to also go down and play JV during the season.  We were cool with that until they said she would play EVERY jv game unless it conflicted with a varsity games.  After putting both schedules on the calendar, we see that she is actually playing in a game 6 days a week.  Some weeks she is only playing 5 days, but still, that is a lot of softball.  We wonder if that will be good for her not being at practices with her teammates???  We have voiced our concern but I told M that whatever she wanted to do we would support her.  She wants to do it, but we will see what happens in a week or so when JV starts having games.
But right now, she is doing great.  She spent the whole day on Saturday playing scrimmages at Goose Gossage.  I was able to see 2 of the 3 games that day and she did great.  She was able to play both her positions and got several people out at 1st and home.  I think this will be a great season and I look forward to seeing her play.......at least as much as I can since both T and J are running XC at this time too.  This will be an interesting month and a half.  (I may have a nervous breakdown before it is all over)
GOOD LUCK this season M!!!!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

High School girls softball is a blast! I played in high school and it was so darned much fun. Good for M for making varsity! I expect you'll be pretty hoarse from yelling this season!

Holly said...

She's a rockstar! Way to go M!!!