Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It's Landing!

So last Thursday I was in the shower after working out...and I heard a helicopter fly over.  Then I noticed out my skinny window in my shower that it was actually a Black hawk Army helicopter and that it was getting lower.  I stood up on the edge of the tub.......thank goodness the window is high...and I saw that it was going to land in the park a few blocks away.  I wondered what it could be doing landing next to the school, so I hurried and finished up, got dressed, grabbed my camera and was out the door to the park....not looking my best mind you.

But I had to see what was up and this is what I found.......
The school had arranged for them to land and talk to the kids.  It was all very exciting and I was able to snap some pictures of K as her class got close to the helicopter.
It was taking forever so after awhile I ran home to change and spruce up a bit (I was feeling very self-conscious) and came back in time to see it take off.
**I love this picture of this 1st grade class as they got their ribbons and got close to the helicopter.  They are so excited and happy...I thought it was cute.  I actually took this pix to get K in the background in the pink shirt leaning over and ended up getting these cute kids in focus.

What an exciting day for the kids.  The wind was blowing quite a bit and the principal told me that they did not tell the kids beforehand cuz they were not sure it was actually going to happen.  Thank goodness it did...the kids couldn't stop talking about it.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

I saw it landing too and wondered if one of the students had a parent arrive home from deployment. Glad to see the pix since I only saw the landing from my house. Thanks Melanie!