Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Road Warrior!

(**I think the cake lady at Costco needs to learn how to write better in frosting!...just sayin)

J had her Cross Country Banquet last night at Fargo's Pizza.....that seems to be the only time we ever go there and they have a great salad bar.  Anyway, it is always fun to go to these banquets.....to see the kids hang out with their friends.....visit with other parents.......EAT.....and basically make a final goodbye to the sport with awards and memories.
This was J's first year ever running XC and we were so pleased with her efforts this season.  If she keeps going, she will be so fast by the time she is a senior.  She started out with a time of over 14 minutes in her first race to 11:01 in her last race and finally running on the A team to boot!  She did awesome!!!!
She was hoping for the "Spirit" award, but was happy that it was her good friend that got it.  She did get a "Road Warrior" award as the coach said that all runners are warriors for running and to keep running even after they are exhausted.  I agree, cuz I can't stand to run.  So I am thrilled to see any of my children like to run long distances.
So you go girl and keep up the fabulous job!  We are proud of you J!!

1 comment:

karen.mckayu.palmer said...

I am so proud of you for keeping up with your running. I would love to watch you some time. Keep going girl. Hugs from Grandma