Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas 2011

I loved Christmas this year the very best!  Maybe it was because I was able to spend some time with my parents and extended family for a change during the holiday season?  Maybe it was because Christmas fell on a Sunday and we have early morning church...so we got up and went to church before looking in our stockings or opening any gifts?  Maybe it was because I knew it was T's last Christmas with us for awhile?  Maybe it was because we actually had snow on the ground for a white Christmas we haven't had in a long time? Maybe........?  For sure it was all of those things and much more.  It was a wonderful Christmas!

After church, we came home and got right back in to our jammies and headed straight for the stockings.  Santa doesn't leave a lot anymore....he wants the big gifts to be given by us!

I think everyone got at least one thing that they really wanted.  T got a new phone and a whole case of shells to shoot off.......M got her Letterman's jacket and pea coat she was asking for.....J got a camera and the boots she was hoping for (no phone tho....sigh!).......K got a bear!  That is all she ever wants but she was happy that she got some boots too.  And Duke got a nice juicy bone that he doesn't get to chew cuz he has to have it outside and there is snow on the ground!

The aftermath.......

Of course, there were a couple of wii games that came in stockings that were played that day....

K walked around all day in her jammies, wearing her new hoodie and new boots (aren't they cute?!) and carrying all her new bears.....I had to take a pix.

Our traditional breakfast was served before the opening of gifts and a ham dinner was served later that day.  We had to share T today as he spent some time at his girlfriend's....not sure I like sharing my son, but I guess I better get used to it huh?!  (for the record, I was happy he got to spend some time with her....just sayin)
Hope you all had a fabulous Christmas....We Did!!!!

No comments: