That is the question I get from everyone that comes to my front door....Is that real or fake?
Oh....it is REAL!
One night when it was dark several months ago, J and I were coming into the garage and noticed something on my pedestal on the front porch. We couldn't quite figure out what it was from the car, but it looked like a nest. I said to J...what would a nest be doing there and where did it come from? So after parking the car, we went up to see and sure enough, that is what it was. We went inside and asked around. Come to find out, K was playing with the girl next door and she had found it in her yard or tree or something and gave it to K who put it there. It was a real live nest with eggs in it. So we left it there and have enjoyed it ever since. The color of the eggs are the most beautiful blue.
But then one day a few weeks ago, I came outside and noticed that an egg was missing and only one was in the nest. I couldn't figure out where it went. The nest had not moved, it was not knocked over and the egg was not smashed on the porch or rocks, it looked the same as it always has but one egg short. We still have no idea where that egg went, but I thought I better take a picture before the other one disappears and then we will have to throw it away....or put fake eggs in it.
Class Picture
14 years ago
1 comment:
I'm glad they're talking about the nest ;-p
Post a Comment