J has wanted a room of her own for a long time now. She is tired of the messes her little sister makes. So when T left for his mission, she couldn't wait to move downstairs. However, there were conditions that had to be met.......
1. We are not painting the room.....it is still T's room. And besides that, I spent a lot of time painting those Air Force wings and it looks too darn good to paint over.
2. She has to do her own laundry now that she is not sharing with K. It is her responsibility to get it done when she can do it all. So no putting it in the washing machine as she is walking out the door for school and think I will finish it.
3. You have to contend with some of T's things still in the room. He boxed up the things he didn't want the girls to get into, but there are still clothes in the closet and his dresser in the room. Even his dart board is still hanging on the wall...although he did take down everything else.
4. When he comes home......you move back upstairs with your sister. No grips!!!
5. Since you now have your own bathroom, you get to clean it every week without help from siblings. That is your chore and yours alone.
With all that said, she agreed! And she couldn't wait to get settled. In fact, the day after we got home from Utah, she started moving in. She even had a friend come over and help her. She was so excited. We even went out to Target to get her a new bath mat and towels to make it a girl bathroom (even though the fishes are still hanging on the walls)
I wish I had taken a picture of T's room when it was clean and organized....which was hardly ever. AND I wish I had taken a picture of his room when it was messy, with clothes all over the floor, the dresser drawers half open....which is the way it was most of the time. But, alas I did not.
But here it is the day J moved her stuff in and was getting it organized....she loves all the space.
I need to get some more pix now that she has gotten it all organized and put together. Enjoy it for the next 2 years J!
Class Picture
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment