So I can officially say.....this guy comes home from his mission THIS YEAR! (the handsome one in the blue lava lava)
You do not understand how wonderful that is to be able to finally say that. Don't get me wrong....I love him being on a mission and out serving the people of California. He has grown leaps and bounds and is not the same young man that left in August 2012. He is learning so many great things and being blessed so much along the way. We are are feeling those blessings here at home too. I love getting an email from him every Monday. I live for those emails to see how he is doing and hearing all about his experiences that are shaping him into a fabulous man. I love getting to talk to him every Mother's Day and Christmas Day.....Skype is heaven sent for sure. I love seeing his smile and hearing his laugh on those 4 glorious, wonderful days in those 2 years. I love that he chose to go on a mission and that his life will forever be changed by doing so.....he will never regret his decision to go and will cherish those memories when he is home. The sacrifice for everyone in the family is great, but worth it in every way possible.
But 2 years is a long time and I long to hug my son and to know that I can do that THIS YEAR, just makes my heart swell. Wouldn't change a thing, but will be happy to be able to text/call/email/visit with him as often as I want after August 2014.......just sayin!
Class Picture
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment