listening to the talks with K. Instead, the two of us had a wonderful time going around Temple Square while my hubby took the other kids into the session. 
My parents get the privilege of working all the conference sessions as they are service missionaries on Temple Square. My father was able to get the guys RED TICKETS for the Priesthood Session. They were seated in about the 6th row with all the family members of the General Authorities. As me and the girls were having dinner, he would text m
e to tell me that he had just shook hands with L. Tom Perry, or that he just had a conversation with Elder Tah, or Elder Russell M. Nelson was standing behind him talking to his relatives. They were in heaven and I was glad that T especially could experience that.

Our family has developed a love for caving and whenever we can go inside one, we do. So we took a trip up the mountain to Timpanogos Cave. It is quite the hike--1.5 miles but very strenuous as it is definitely uphill all the way. The kids beat us adults up with no problem, even K. We
are not as
young as we used to be that is for sure. It was a beautiful hike though as the leaves were still changing colors and they were brilliant. The little girls became JUNIOR Rangers and got their badges to go along with the 10 or so others that we have for National Parks and Monuments.We heard a storm was coming in from Alaska and would hit Saturday night. Since we were planning on going home through Wyoming, we decided that we would try and beat the storm and leave Sat morning. We made it to the mouth of the canyon when it started snowing and it didn't let up. In fact, we ran into a traffic jam east of Evanston that had us at a dead stop for over 2 hours. And as we were stopped the storm got worse and worse. We were afraid that we would be in this kind of snow the whole way home. Just a hint---make sure you go to the bathroom before you get stranded in a snow storm. I almost........well, I won't go into it, but I'll just say that I couldn't hold out much longer. It must have snowed at least 3 inches by the time the plows came and cleared a way for us. It was quite the adventure which seems to always be the case for our family vacations recently. After that, it was smooth sailing . We ran into rain, fog, flurries, and sunshine the rest of the way. We still don't know what the hold up was...an accident, just trucks getting stuck, who knows. But we did see a big semi jack-knifed going the other way and traffic was backed up for almost 6 miles (we clocked it). I have never been on a road that has so many semis, but I think we like going I-80 better than I-70, even though we have the wind to contend with. Anyway, we had a good time all the way around. Thanks Mom and Dad for the fun and food and memories. We always have such a fun time and I hate to leave when the time comes.


8 comments:
Thanks for sharing your wonderful vacation pictures! It's good to see you guys! I just started a blog last month and I do love it. I love seeing other people's, it helps me feel close to all those we are so far away from. Did you get to see the Wirz Family then in UT?
Yes, we saw Scott at the museum and then went to their house for a visit with Laurie. She looks great, as usual. She just started her blog too. I am glad you found others you know on my blog.
Your blog looks great, Melanie!Good Job! Looks like you had a wonderful vacation (except for the snow storm on the way home). Keith has promised me we will go to Conference in April...so I am excited about that. Your family is beautiful, and so are you!
I guess having learned to drive on the mountain passes of I-70, I always prefer I-70 over I-80. But if the weather does not cooperate both routes can be pretty treacherous! Glad you made it through safely and had a fun trip!
Oh man do we have stories about I-80!! I'm NOT a fan of Rawlins for SO many reasons! We'll have to swap horror stories!
Looks like a fun vacation. I love Utah...born and raised in Bountiful.
Okay...goofy...YOU WERE IN UTAH and did not call?!?! :) J/K... We are in the process of getting the house... Call me sometime and I'll give you all the sorted deatils! :P
Wait...MISS YOU!!!!!!!
why hello wonderful neighbor! you already look like a blogging pro - it's way cute. glad you had a good trip to Utah. All the young women are excited for Megan to have a new girl her age - and she lives right by you, how perfect is that?
Post a Comment