Monday, December 22, 2008

Holiday Concert

You might have noticed a couple of songs on my playlist from Jim Brickman--okay maybe a few more than that. If you haven't heard of him, he is a piano player. A very good piano player-America's Romantic Piano Sensation. I don't recall how we first heard of him, but several years ago we went to his Christmas concert here in the Springs. He has several people tour with him so it is not just the piano. That first concert he had a guy and a girl singing and a guy playing the electric guitar. They sing Christmas songs plus do some of his "hits". It was such a good concert, that we decided that we would make that a tradition every Christmas. The very next year, he didn't come to CO and we were bummed. But he came that year after and we got 2nd row seats. It was so good. He had totally different people with him that time. We had back stage passes so we were able to meet them all up close and get pictures. This year, he only came to Denver, so we braved the cold last week and went up. He was playing with the Colorado Symphony plus had 2 of the 3 people with him from the first concert we saw. We had 4th row seats and again it was fabulous. It is just a great way to get into the holiday spirit. Okay, you can call us "old fogies" cuz we like the mellow music, but go here to listen to more and I bet you will like it too. Don't get me wrong, there are times when I need some good rock and roll with lyrics and a beat to dance to. My kids tell me I scare them sometimes. I guess it is the 80's coming out. But for those quiet times that I want to just relax, Jim Brickman music can't be beat. This picture is from the Holiday Concert 2006

1 comment:

Holly said...

Sounds like you had a good time... I love his music. =)