
The girls and I had a fun time painting our nails this weekend. We never have to go to a salon for a manicure again as we can now do the fancy stuff ourselves. I went to a craft fair back in November and found this great kit that applies the decorative flowers on your nails. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend but when I divided up the cost between us 4 girls, it didn't seem so bad. At least I felt better justifying buying it. Besides it is about $5 a nail for a flower at the salons. They are plates that you have with designs etched into them and you put the polish on that, scrap the excess away and then stamp them on your nail. It is so cool and looks even great on non painted nails. They even have a plate for a french manicure without all the fuss. It takes a bit of practice but if you mess up, it is easy to redo it. There are dozens of plates to choose from-I even got one for M that has basketballs and softballs on them. They will be fun to wear during the BB season that has just started. Don't get me wrong. I still love the attention that I get with a manicure at a salon. No one will rub my feet at home, so I can't say that I will never get a salon manicure again. But the decorative stuff is now done at home. If anyone wants to try it, come on over. You will have too much fun.
3 comments:
Nice, very cute!
Your nails look great! Too bad my boys won't go for that...LOL! :P
Wow, that's pretty cool. I like the toe nails. I will have to come over sometime after the kids go to school.
Post a Comment