Thursday, February 19, 2009

I Don't Want to Be a Girl!

Don't let the title scare you like it did me when my youngest walked into the kitchen last night and exclaimed she didn't want to be a girl. For a split second, I was worried, but then I understood. Let me explain:

K's two front teeth have been loose for quite awhile. She has been wiggling and giggling them she would tell you is forever. The one was so close to coming out, that I offered to pull it for her. She declined, saying that she wanted her sister to do it when they got to school. She wanted it to come out at school so she could get a treasure chest to put it in. She has her priorities straight! So yesterday, it finally came out and proudly she showed me the little pink treasure chest with her tooth in it. She was so excited that she called Daddy right away and of course, Grandma too.

Anyway, I told her that she was becoming a "girl" now that the all important 2 front teeth were coming out. She was not my "little girl" anymore and would she please stop growing up. She thought that over for awhile and that is when she professed to me that she didn't want to be a girl. She was fine staying little.

My sweet little K. I see her growing up right before my very eyes and I can't help but be sad. She is my baby and I have told her many times that no matter how old she gets, she will always be my baby. What will I do when I don't have a little one to snuggle with and to hold? It sure is hard to grow up, even for us parents.

3 comments:

Holly said...

WOW! She is getting big! What a cutie! No matter what...T will always be my baby! ;)

Jean McKendrick said...

What a cute picture. She is getting big. I still picture here as a "little girl" too.

Rach said...

I hope the tooth fairy at your house it not as forgetful as ours has been lately! She looks cute with her front tooth missing.