Sunday, February 22, 2009

Make that 2!

Yes, I now officially have 2 teenagers in my home. It is hard for me to believe as I don't feel old enough for that. Anyway, we celebrated M's 13th birthday today. Being a Sunday, we spent a nice quiet day at church and at home. M requested our Christmas breakfast casserole for dinner and of course for dessert there was a "cell phone" cake and chocolate chip ice cream. We will have frozen strawberry margaritas tomorrow since I didn't have time to get those chilled in time for the party tonight. Her gifts included clothes (essential for a teenage girl), wallet, book (of course), slippers and DDR for the Wii. We have had a great time rockin out trying to perfect our dance moves. It is a good workout and I look forward to school days when I can dance by myself all day long (HeeHee). A tradition I started last year with my kids is taking them out to lunch just the birthday child and Mom. It has been fun spending one on one time with each of them. We had such a busy weekend that I wasn't sure when I would get a chance to do that with her. She had a Band Ensemble Contest at school Saturday morning where she was in a trombone quartet. They scored a 2 on a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 being the best. They did very well I thought and it was fun to see them compete. Anyway, since it was just me watching her I decided to take her out to breakfast for her birthday. She picked IHOP and we had a good time just talking and eating. Then it was home to work on the basement and do chores. The family will take her out to dinner for her birthday next Saturday when we have time to play and eat at ITZ (her pick again) It has been such a busy week that her birthday seemed to sneak up on me. Thank goodness I had her presents since Christmas because I actually decorated her cake today right before dinner. I am glad it is the year for a family party or her party would have to be next month. Life is crazy and doesn't ever seem to slow down. As I can attest now that half my kids are teens. What is the saying---"Calgon, take me away!" I feel the need for a full body massage. Anyone want to go with me?

4 comments:

Jean McKendrick said...

Happy Birthday! Two teenagers?? Wow. You just perfect the mom skills with teens so you can give me advice when we get to that stage. I am hoping boys mellow out by that age (that my main stress is now while they are little). I guess not though, driving, dating all comes with the teen stage.

Em said...

Happy Birthday M!!!

Rach said...

Happy Birthday M!!

Holly said...

No way! That is crazy! Happy Belated birthday M! :)