
Anyway, our stake took the youth for the week. This is our first year sending a child, so it was interesting. For those who don't know the details....They could only take a 5-gallon bucket packed with their things plus a "possibles" bag to carry. The bucket could weigh no more than 17 pounds and everything except their sleeping bag had to fit in there. T made it with several pounds to spare. They had to wear period clothing the whole time and could not bring anything like a cell phone, mp3, camera..... They were divided into families with a Ma and Pa and a handcart. He was so excited to go and I was very jealous that I couldn't go with him. I can't wait to see the 300+ pictures that were taken during the trip.We spent all last night talking about what he did, hearing the great stories that were told to them about the pioneers and the things he learned. He was so excited to tell us everything that I don't think I even thought about eating dinner until after 8:00. He had a blast. He came back a little different than he left. (just like when he returned from SLS a few weeks ago) This time it was a spiritual change. He felt the spirit there and his testimony grew. I can see his love for the pioneers and what they went through. He is an amazing son and I feel so lucky to be his mom.
Here are a couple pix I took the morning I dropped him off. I am sure I will post more when I get the CD of the actual trek. It sure is good to have him home! I missed him!

4 comments:
I agree it is a great experience... I am glad he got to go.
They have their trek here soon. Okay...in that group pic...is that little Derek Smith in the back? HOLY MOLY! I guess we have been gone for over a year... *sniff* Although, as you and I both know...it has been a blessing. ;) MISS AND LOVE YOU!!!
Where is Martin's cove? Is it in UT? The kids here had to go in the "winter" just after Christmas so they didn't die of heat stroke.
No Holly, that is not Derek Smith--it is Dallin. And Jean, Martin's Cove is in Wyoming, just north of Rawlins. It really isn't too far from here. It can get very hot and very windy there, but I hear they had good weather and they didn't die from the heat this year.
Post a Comment