Yes, it was busy, but it was fun. The crowds are really not a problem for me as I feel that we have all day anyway and we can take our time, so it is not a big deal to have lots of people there too. We were able to see all the exhibits except one which required a time ticket so not everyone was in there at the same time. We didn't hit that exhibit until an hour or so after we got there and that is when we found out that we couldn't get in until almost 3pm. We couldn't stay that late, so we missed the Health Expo which I am sure was very good. But we had a fun time anyway. Did you know that there is an elf painted in many of the dioramas that you can find? We knew there was one in with the dinosaurs, but we ran across a lady working there that gave us a sheet on where to find them all. We had a blast going around looking for the very small elf that is hidden in the murals throughout the museum. There is even Yoda and the Millennium Falcon as well as some other things.Here we are trying to find an elf in one of the dioramas. They are so small that some are very hard to find even.
It was suppose to be a rainy day today and it was quite cloudy on our way up but by the time we were done, it was gorgeous. So nice in fact, we ate lunch in the park and then fed the geese and ran around the lake. It did hail on us on the way back, but at least it was nice for the time we were at the park. (By the way, geese love Bugles if anyone is interested)

5 comments:
Looks like a great day of fun! Wish it would stop raining here so we could hike the caves. Eric's parents are here and we thought that would be fun...stinky weather.
What a fun activity! I wish crowds didn't bother me. I go crazy when there are tons of people around. I hurry each morning and go run errands, ie. bargain shop before there are people bending over my shoulder, breathing down my neck. I need to e-mail you a blog link, my friend here in FL and her best friend in CO springs do a "bargain blog", where to find grocery deals, when deals arise at restaurants, etc.
Wish we would have taken that opportunity to go...I should keep up with all the fun things to do around here. :)
Glad you had a wonderful time!
One of my favorite places to go is that museum (after the ones in San Francisco!). I wish I'd know it was a free day! I'm glad you had a fun time!
sounds great...I love FREE too :) That sounds like a fun place to go if we ever go to Denver. Did you know there is a whole new sport at disneyland...it is called "find the mickeys" apparently all the rides have a mickey hidden somewhere as well as all over the park. I think there is a book about. I had a neighbor tell me all about it and how they did it with their kids and it was the funnest trip to disneyland. Anway, glad you had a fun day!
Post a Comment