T just finished his week at OYA and had a blast. Outdoor Youth Adventures is through BYU-Idaho and is like an outdoor EFY. They camp instead of stay in the dorms and they get to do all kinds of fun activities like whitewater rafting, horseback riding, rock wall, ropes course, handcart trek, giant swing.....the list goes on and on. I can't believe they can fit that all into one week, but they did and he loved it. That finishes off his whirlwind summer of great opportunities and adventure. I haven't asked him which week was his favorite and I am not sure he could tell me anyway as each one was totally different from the other. I am happy that he had such a good time--he meet a lot of people and made new friends, he got a good tan, and he learned some things along the way---so I think this was well worth the money, time and energy to do it all. We sure missed him though.

The girls and I have had a good time at Grandma's while T was away. We have shopped, created cards, gone to the movies, went to the salon, had ice cream, played at the park, watched a planetarium show, held babies, visited my alma mater, ate good food, and seen the sights to mention a few. Yesterday, we drove up to Idaho to stay over at a friend's house that I have not seen for way too many years. I met her when I lived in Pueblo and she only lived there for about a year before she moved on. We lost contact but some how we connected again and have been following each other on our blogs, Facebook, and emails. She lives in Rexburg, so since I would need to pick up T there on campus today anyway, I thought it would be fun to get together. So we spent the evening last night with her and her family at a park picnic sponsored by their bank. The little girls had a such a great time at the splash park and playing the games. There was a dunk tank, (which K loved getting dunked) dart throw, face painting, snocones, cotton candy, jump house, golf putting, tic-tac-toe, fish scramble, not to mention free dinner and DQ Dilly Bars. Then it was back to the house to play games. It was great to find out that they love Settlers too. The little girls loved the fact that her cat had three little kittens that they could hold and love and maul to their hearts content. Whenever I didn't know where K was, I knew I would find her in the garage searching out the babies. They were so sad when we had to leave. They wanted to smuggle them into the car and take them home. I must admit they were cute, but then they turn into cats and they are not so cute (at least in my book).





Today we took off to do some sightseeing before we had to pick up T. We knew we were close to the Grand Tetons because we could see them. They were so close I could touch them, but they really were still over 100 miles away. We knew there wasn't enough time to go and see what we wanted to and still get back in time to get T. I was very bummed. They were so majestic from a distance that I knew they would be gorgeous up close. Another time I guess. Anyway, we decided to head to Mesa Falls which was about an hour away. There were two different ones on the same river -Upper and Lower-- and they were gorgeous. The lower falls was a small walk to the overlook and they were quite a ways away but very pretty. The upper falls had the overlook practically right on top of it. So much spray off the falls that it created a micro-climate on the hills across from the overlook. We had a good time taking pictures and playing along the trail. We got back to Rexburg in time for lunch and to take pictures of the temple before heading to campus to pick up T and then head back to Grandma's. It was a great week for T and a very nice mini vacation within our vacation for us girls.


All I can say is--I love vacations! (wish you were here, honey!)
3 comments:
What an awesome vacation. I love Rexburg, I love UT (I went to college in both places) so I am jealous of your adventures!! Those baby kitties are so cute, I have a soft spot for them as well.
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. It's nice that the girls are all old enough now to hang out and you can just relax too!
Looks like it was fun! :)
Post a Comment