He is at scout camp this week, so we started celebrating last week when we took him to dinner. Then tonight was "family night" at camp, so we went up to celebrate some more. His father has been there since yesterday morning, so he took him to lunch in town to celebrate too.
We took him up two long john donuts each with a number stuck in them for "16". We also took dinner up for him so he wouldn't have to eat camp food on his birthday. I think he was hoping for more, but I wanted to save something for when he got home. Besides some girls baked brownies for all the boys and a special large one decorated for T. He also got a few gifts from some other friends when they came up for family night, so I think he had enough. We had a great time up there despite the downpour for an hour. I think we were probably the last family to leave - 10:30pm. T will get home in the morning and we will have him open gifts and have his cake he asked me to make special for him.Not your typical thought of a 16 year old birthday, but you do what you can with what you have, right?! I am sure he will get togther with friends when we get back from vacation.
Happy Birthday T
3 comments:
Crazy Ty is 16! I love reading what you do for your kids! It gives me lots of fun ideas for someday :)
Holy Moly...he's 16! It's crazy how fast they grow up... ;)
AAAAAHHHHH he can DATE now! Whoa, that's crazy!! Better keep him locked up. :) Happy Birthday T!
Post a Comment