Monday, July 20, 2009

So Gorgeous!

This morning we went to the Open House of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. It was gorgeous--not that I was expecting anything less. It was great to go through as a family (well, minus hubby). The only other Open House the kids have been to was the Albuquerque Temple when J was just a baby. So they really don't remember much and K wasn't even born yet. It was nice to have Grandma and Grandpa with us this time. We took tons of pictures outside. It was soooooooo hot! 96 degrees. That is hot to us Coloradans. But I couldn't seem to get enough pictures. The kids were melting by the time I finally said we had enough. I sure wish I had my old camera back. M's doesn't seem to do as well. Anyway, it was beautiful as it should be. The little girls liked all the chandeliers the best. It is much smaller than I am used to, but that would actually be quite nice for a change. The reception tent was amzing--you would have never guessed it was a tent from inside. There were cookies and bottles of water fro everyone and couches to sit on. It was beautiful in itself.This afternoon, we went downtown. We love going to see the temple, the conference center, the Church Office Building and the JSB. We never tire of visiting those places and of course, I always take too many pictures. I am glad that the kids continue to enjoy it. I love the Distribution Center and Deseret Book so we spent some time there as well. We drove most of the way there and then took the TRAX in the "free zone". (Gotta love that) We even hit Brigham Young's grave on the way home. It was great to spend the day with my kids - they are so fun!

3 comments:

Holly said...

We have been blessed to take our boys thru both open houses in the area! B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! Glad you had a good time here. Next time you are around...I want to see you. :)

Jean McKendrick said...

How awesome you got to go to the at open house! What a beautiful temple. I also love your temple square pictures. Makes me really miss the west.

Jamie said...

I agree, definitely a memorable experience for the kids! Did they fix the angel Moroni yet? We thought it was pretty funny that it got struck by lightning.