My little girls were so excited to go to school this morning that they were ready 30 minutes early. The big kids---not so much! K was so excited to see all her friends and it didn't matter to her that they were all in different classes. J on the other hand was quite disappointed that the girls she usually hangs out with were all in different classes. But hey, she is the top dog in the school now so that should be pretty fun anyway, right?! I even had a fun time seeing all of the girl's friends. And some were even thrilled to see me--of course they were 2nd graders, but hey, I'll take that. They are so cute and I had a blast with them last year.
It was meet the teacher at the elementary school yesterday so we went to say hi. They were very happy with the teachers that they got as we have had them both before with the older kids. K was excited because her 2nd grade classroom is in the BIG KID hallway since her teacher had to switch rooms this year. Be it at the very end, but none the less. J's 5th grade classroom is at the front end of that same hallway--the very first room.
T started Seminary as well this morning. We are not carpooling this year, so it will be an early morning for me every day, too. He got a new teacher this year, who we hear is good, but he liked his last year's teacher so he was bummed that he didn't get her again. He is thrilled to be in 10th grade. He actually went to school yesterday all day as a LINK leader to help the new freshman find their way around and such. He loves to be involved and I am sure will find many ways to do so this year. He is in JROTC again and I am sure will do track and probably some other sport too.
M wasn't thrilled to go to school this morning. I am sure she was looking forward to seeing friends more than she wanted to let on, but you know--can't act to excited! After all, she is in 8th grade and the big wigs on campus now. She was not happy at first with the team that she was on as some of her friends are on the other one, but after thinking about it for awhile, she is glad to be on Team B. She will play the trombone in band again this year as well as play softball and basketball. Who knows, maybe she will pick up something else too. I do know that she will have good grades again-she wants to make it all years in middle school with straight A's.
It is very quiet around the house right now and I am loving it. Although I know I will miss them, I am enjoying it right now. Give me a week or two and I will be wanting the noise of the kids around again. I had so much fun with them this summer. It sure makes a difference when they are older as they really are more fun and entertaining. You can do more with older kids and they have their own style, that makes it fun to be with them and not much work too. More expensive, but more fun too. I look forward to getting the basement organized, particularly my scrapbook desk and supplies. I will volunteer in both classrooms again this year and I am going to try and do better at exercising more regularly. This is going to be a great school year!



9 comments:
I remember those quiet days, even tho I am older.. Your summer seemed so great. I am pleased that you do so much with your kids. I wish at times that I did more things with the four of you.
Have a good day. Love you.
I drove T and Jacob and Kevin to school this morning after seminary, and they were all so jazzed and excited. (Your boy also mentioned his desire to start driving :) so get ready!)
Anyway, they were all so cute and excited, it was fun listening to them. Wonder if they'll still sound that way by the middle of November!
Oh my goodness, K looks so grown up!! I too was relishing the quieter atmosphere at my house this morning. Now it is almost time for the kids to come home and I can't wait to hear all about their first day. B starts preschool in September, when are we going to lunch????
The day he starts, Rachael!!!!
Am I outta the loop? What's Team B that M is on? I'm guessing something they do in middle school?
Beautiful pix!! All of 'em!
YEA for you! I love being able to get a schedule down again, and having the house clean for at least part of the day. We still have a few weeks left of summer, but I think the kids are vacationed out and now just want to stay home. That means next week they will be bored so good thing it is almost over huh! Love the photos of the kids. I hope all goes well with them this year in school. In a month I will be tired of homework, and getting up early...I agree we are never happy huh!
I look forward to my "quieter" days, Kaden's still at home. School starts early there! Kai doesn't go back until the 24th.
Hey Melanie-
I thought I would leave a message then you can just link over to my blog. I don't keep it up very good, but I do have one.
I always say that by time Savannah is in seminary, we will live somewhere where she will do during school. I do not look forward to early morning seminary AT ALL!
First day of school...sigh. The boys do not start here for another week. Tell J to say "HI" to all T's friends. He was kinda sad as he was reading this with me...I think his words were I miss Remington. ;)
Post a Comment