Wednesday, August 12, 2009

WOW! That's a long time!


Today is our 20th anniversary. I truly can't believe it has been that long. And if you add the years we've known each other, it is 29 years. That is more than 1/2 my life. We must totally be in love!!!! OXOXOXOXX :)

So in honor of our big day, I am posting some pictures of our wedding day. These are pictures of pictures since I don't have any actually on my computer, so they are not the best quality. We look so young--wait, I haven't changed a bit now have I??? (HeeHee)
Our engagement picture above
This is where he proposed--Crescent Bay in Laguna Beach California. Isn't it gorgeous? It was the perfect way to celebrate my birthday--couldn't ask for better weather. Our wedding day was just as perfect--not a cloud in the sky!


Below is Emerald Bay in Lake Tahoe where we honeymooned for a week. Can't beat the view! The picture doesn't do it justice. It was quite the hike to get up there, but it was worth it for sure. Tahoe is a gorgeous place-we could have stayed there forever.
Tonight, we had a nice quiet evening having dinner, just the two of us. Nothing fancy, just some good chinese and good conversation. Gotta love those lettuce wraps!After all, we did already celebrate in March by taking that wonderful Caribbean cruise where we bought each other our gifts too--a watch for him and jewelry for me!Above is what I had delivered to our room one night as a celebration of our anniversary. My hubby was quite surprised to find it there when we got back to our cabin. We had chocolate covered strawberries on our wedding night, so we can't celebrate without that can we?!.
(Sorry for more cruise pix, but we had such a fabulous time I couldn't resist. I want to go again! Can we go for our 25th???? PLEEEEESE)

I am the luckiest lady around to have such a wonderful guy love me so much. I can't imagine my life without him. He is my best friend and I love him so very much. We have so much fun together laughing and playing and just hanging out. Thanks honey for a wonderful 20 years and here's to another 20- And that's just for starters!

8 comments:

Jean McKendrick said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved seeing your wedding pictures. We celebrated 14 this year! My how time flies! YUM, PF Changs, one of our favorites!! Here, facing PF Changs, is a Cheesecake Factory so it's fun to walk over and order a piece of cheesecake to take home after we've had dinner at PF Changs. :)

Holly said...

First off...loe the stache! ;) Eric gained one and Karl lost one...too funny! HAPPY DAY! You have a wondrful family and are vry blessed. Loves to you!

Brandon and Sommar said...

Love the pics from your wedding. You two don't look much different. Although I didn't know Karl used to have a stache!! Happy Aniversary!!

Rach said...

Happy Anniversary!! Wow 20 years, that's quite the accomplishment these days. I love the pictures you posted. I think Karl should grow out his mustache again!!

Tara said...

Cute photos! I never thought about taking pics of the pics! Great idea! I might have to try that!

Happy Anniversary!

Maureen said...

You were a gorgeous bride! No wonder that man fell for you! I'm so glad you have such a happy marriage and a fun anniversary. I love the pictures too. You guys are looking good after 20 years!

Mom & Dad said...

Dad and I send our love and a big congratulations as you celebrate20 years together.

We are proud of you and Karl and for the wonderful children you have. We love and appreicate all of you.

Mom & Dad said...

Dad and I send our love and congratulations on your 20th Anniversay. We want you both to know how proud we are of you and your family.