Saturday, January 2, 2010

Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam.........Teacher!

I thought this background was fitting for the new calling that I start tomorrow.  I was called a couple of weeks ago to be a Sunbeam teacher in the Primary to start the new year.  I have not been a Primary teacher since J was a baby and I taught T's CTR 6 class.  I am looking forward to the break from the huge, busy callings I have had over the last 5 years.  As with any new calling for me, I have mixed emotions.  I get used to a calling and when it is time to move on, I have a hard time adjusting.  That is how I felt when I was called to Boy Scout Troop Committee Chairman 2 years ago--I had been happy not being in scouts and wasn't thrilled with the idea of getting back into it.  But now that I will be released from this calling soon, I am sad to give it up.  I have the knowledge that I did the calling well and I am happy with the experiences that I have had (like working with my hubby and son for those years and getting T to Eagle).  And so it will be with this calling.  I am unsure about it right now, but when it comes times to give it up, I will be sad again.  That is the way it is for me every time.

I met 3 of the kids that will be in my class at the "Meet your Teacher" activity and they are too cute.  There are a total of 8 kids on my class list although only 4 of those are active.  I am excited to get to know these sweet little ones seeing them every week.  It will be a challenge to get them use to sitting still and listening to a lesson rather than playing and eating snack like in nursery class.  But I know eventually things will work out and they will do just fine.  I guess I better brush up on all the Primary songs again.

7 comments:

Em said...

Fun! I am in the primary too and I love it. The kids do and say the most random things. Those sunbeams will no doubt adore you! I love your blog background by the way... too cute!

Rach said...

I LOVE Primary callings. Don't worry, I'll help you brush up on those songs!

Anonymous said...

How fun that will be with the little ones just getting out of the nursery. They need someone who can teach them how to act in a class situation. An especially good teacher is essential at this age. I know you will do a great job... How do I know? because I am your Mom and I am bias.

Holly said...

Eric and I just got put into Primary too! I haven't taught for years...I'm excited. :)

Maureen said...

I have such sweet memories of sunbeams. You are going to be such a blessing in their lives! I just know they'll fall in love with you and you'll be their best friend. Lucky you, what a great calling. (But, I'll miss you in Relief Society!)

COKE FAMILY said...

I was just called to CTR 5. I was dreading it because I haven't been with little kids in so long. Sunday was great! The kids were adorable and after putting my name on the board they all thought my name was cookie. It is a lot of entertaining but should be fun too. Enjoy!

Jean McKendrick said...

I am so envious of your new calling! I WISH! Kaden goes to sunbeams this year, that is such a sweet age. You will be awesome! Good luck with it!