Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Got Some Help!

Ever since basketball season started way back in December, I have not been very good at planning meals.  With M at practice and T usually working during the dinner hour, I have fallen away from making good meals.  We got use to going out to eat using the rational of, "there is only 4 of us so let's just go out".  So now that the kids are mostly home I needed some help to get back to organizing my meals.

And luck would have it....I found this on Pinterest awhile ago and thought it was cute.....
Of course, mine is a bit different than the one I pinned, but the idea is the same.  Cards in the boxes with a main dish on the front and a shopping list on the back.   The meal cards are color coded so we don't get chicken every day for the week.  And each clip is a day of the week.  When we have gone through that week, those cards get put in the bottom box and we pick new from the top box. How easy is that!

Thank goodness for a friend with similar tastes and some time to spend shopping for the supplies and getting it together.  We are in our second week of "the menu" and it has been wonderful.  I have felt more relaxed about dinnertime and not stressed at wondering what to have for dinner when it was already 6:00.  It has been a life saver.  I have a child pick for the whole week what they want and then I make sure that on Saturday I shop for the whole next week's meals.  It has saved a lot of stress which is one thing that I have enough of in my life (with my church calling particularly)  I love it and so do the kids.  They don't have to ask what we are having for dinner anymore and they can't wait to have it their week to pick.  Thank you Pinterest!

Another find that I pinned was this......
One glance and I know who has a birthday this month and isn't it just too cute!  Made a few changes with the tags from the original, but that is me.....have to make it my own.

Everyone needs a bit of help every now and then and these cute projects have lightened my load.  Now on to worrying about other things.....that is life!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

What terrific ideas! I might steal from you, but mine would never look as darling as yours. I love them!