I realized that I hadn't post this, so since it was a week and a half ago, I better get to it.
J was invited to play in the District Honor Band this year. The band teachers from all the schools picks who they think are the best in each instrument. T was picked for trombone way back when and J was picked for clarinet.
She had to attend several practices for about a month lasting 2 hours each time, some times up to 3 times a week. She put forth a bunch of effort for this and it was a great night. They played at the high school in the nice auditorium with cushy seats...so much better than a middle school gym or cafeteria.
They played 4 songs and the choir sang that many as well. They all did very well and it was a nice night to support J in her talents. She might not think it is a big deal to be in the honor band but her parents do and we are very proud of her. Good Job J!
Class Picture
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment