Monday, April 9, 2012

This and That!

I wanted to post a picture of the snow day we had from school only 2 days back after a 2 week spring break........
Look at all the snow that fell over night causing them to cancel school.  If you look at the thermometer on the pillar, you can see that it is very cold, but really?  Are the roads that bad and treacherous that school had to be cancelled?  Gotta love our school district.
---------------
This past weekend I was able to go to the temple with the youth to do baptisms. 
It was J's first time and she has been waiting patiently since last June when she turned 12.  Her dad was going to go too, but he had a nasty cough, so he stayed home with K.  T had to work, so I drove and me and the girls played afterwards with some friends....we shopped at the mall and other stores.....we had to hit IKEA for chocolate cake and meatballs.....and we didn't get back until 8pm, just in time to color Easter eggs with the family.  But while we were gone, K was so bored that this is what she did.....
Can you see it?  Can you see the blood red nails on this dog?  She saw that her friend's dog had polish on HER nails and thought Duke needed a pedicure too.  I didn't notice them at first and then I thought he was bleeding.  She could have picked a different color, but at least they stand out, right?  She was so proud of herself and I was proud that she was able to do it without getting it all over him, her and the carpet! 
---------------
Spring is coming and I am so happy about that (although we need so much more moisture).  I was sitting on the couch the other day and could hear birds chirping.....very loudly.  So I checked outside and noticed this......
For years, we had a bird nest on the base of our satellite dish, but one year a few years back they quit using it.  I think a cat got to it or something and they decided to build elsewhere.  So this is the first year back in a long time that we will have baby birds.  How fun is that!

No comments: