M went to EFY again this year at BYU. She loves to go and this is her 2nd year there so she was so excited to get checked in and say goodbye to the rest of us. She spent a week there on campus....living in the new Heritage Halls....meeting new people from everywhere....growing spiritually......and loving every minute. She was so sad to leave and say goodbye to all her new friends. She said it was the best year ever....way better than her first time. I told her it was because she was older and she was now in the older group too, so there is more maturity there. Those times at EFY will always stay with her and she is changed because of it. J sees how fun it is and can't wait til next year when she will finally be old enough to go....start saving your money J!
Anyway, I picked her up early Saturday morning and we went out to breakfast just her and I to catch up and hear all about what she did. It is always a good time for me as a mom to hear the stories and see how much it has impacted her. But that first day or so after EFY are hard ones for her (and for those around her) She is on such a high for a full week and then it is over....it is hard to get back to real life and she is usually very quiet and reserved...wants to be alone.
But while she was gone, J and K and I played.....alot. We hung out on campus after dropping M off.....I went to lunch with an old friend who defected to Utah from Colorado without my permission.....
My sister and the twins came into town a couple of days after we got there, so we went back to BYU with them and ended up seeing M with her company. We went to the Bean Museum and had a great time. You know for all those years I was at BYU, I have never been to that museum. Weird huh!
We also went downtown to see the new City Creek.....and the temple for sure.
It is so fun to see old friends and catch up. I love to watch the way the kids reconnect. As we met up, J and my friend's daughter who are the same age were real distant and not sure of hanging out. But by the time the day is over, they are best friends again and not wanting to leave. I love it...always good to hang on to those wonderful friends....those true friends!
We did some shopping and hanging with Grandma and Grandpa.....playing croquet in the back yard....petting the neighbor's dogs......seeing the horses in the other neighbor's yard....playing games....playing with Percy and Ian....and cousins....running through the sprinklers...
After picking up M, we spent the next week without cousins as they went to OYA, so M got the raw end of the stick with only having 2 days with the twins. But we had fun anyway. We got to attend Ian's blessing. I haven't been able to get to any of my niece's and nephew's baby's blessings. It is sure fun to be a Great-Aunt. We all fell in love with sweet baby Ian.....
I only got a picture of our family in attendance....Jeremy's family was just as big if not bigger
Here are those that stood in the circle....a very BIG circle!
Aren't cousins great?!
4 Generation picture
and that Percy is quite the charmer too.....We love hanging with Jessie and her family. It was a nice....HOT....Sunday!
We went to Sonic and when I asked for ketchup, this is what they brought me....
only in Utah. Good thing I love fry sauce.
We got to spend a couple of days with my cousin Tonya and a couple of her kids. We went to Toad's and had lunch and played games all afternoon. M hit the batting cages of course.
It was a hot day as you can tell...every day was so hot while we were there. But we had a great time back at her house playing with the bunnies....
playing tether ball....
making jewelry and just hanging around.
K ended up staying the night with Abbey and coming down the next day with them so we could all go to Cowabunga Bay for the day....oh so much fun!
She is my only girl cousin on my mom's side so we have gotten really close over the years.
We also took a cemetery tour...yea, I know that sounds spooky, but it was fun to go around the City Cemetery and find all the prominent LDS people buried there.
Always have to stop by and see our relative....David O
It happens to be the one my father-in-law is buried at, so that was a stop we had to makeafterall, he is by this wonderful man.....
and this president too....
It was so very hot, but mark that down as like the 4th trip downtown in a week.
By the end of the week, my brother and sister in law had come into town and my sister had left. So my girls and I got to try out a so-called famous restaurant in SLC for lunch. They had seen it on Dive's Diners and Drive In's and wanted to try it.
Very good and in a part of Salt Lake I didn't know existed. After that, we headed back to City Creek as M had not seen it the first time we went.
We had fun shopping and hanging out by the creek before heading to the airport to pick up our guys! They were coming in for the reunion and birthday party. It was great to see them after so long. Off we went to Mr. Mac's to pick up some missionary clothes and then to the only place that T wanted to eat......In N Out for dinner. Another request was Cabela's and then it was finally back to the house for the night. It was a fun filled 2 weeks of playing and playing and then playing some more. Wait til this next week.....












No comments:
Post a Comment