Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Dad's Day

Before me and the girls left for Utah, we had to celebrate Father's Day.  We were going to be gone on that day, so we got to celebrate early.  The Friday before, we cooked "dad" the dinner we would have on Sunday...T grilled up some steaks which he did a fabulous job on.  We gave him a few small gifts and this great sign. (thanks Pinterest for the idea).
We decided to wait until Sunday morning to leave so we could spend Saturday with him.....and I know he was happy we did.  I took him shopping for his gift....
Look at that smile on his face....he was beyond thrilled!  Then that evening I took him out to have some alone time with him before I left him for 3 weeks.  The girls and I also put a scavenger hunt together for him for Sunday.  We went to the dollar store and bought some fun candy and trinkets for him to find.  I had taken pictures of them all, but they got deleted before I could get them downloaded to my computer....darn it!  So when we said goodbye to him and T that morning, we gave him the first envelope....I hope he had fun finding them all that day. 
Happy Father's Day Sweetie! I love you!

I was lucky this year too as I got to have the morning with my hubby and the evening with my daddy!
We made it to Utah in time for dinner with my parents and time to spend with my dad on Father's Day.    I love you Dad!

No comments: