Sunday, October 21, 2012

October Sky

My kids grew up watching October Sky...have you seen it?  It is a great movie and one of T's all time favorites.  We love Homer Hickum and the Rocket Boys. So when K's 5th Grade was shooting off homemade rockets, I automatically thought of this movie and knew that I had to be there to support her in her efforts (unlike Homer's dad who was too busy all the time to come watch)

Anyway, all of the classes were in groups of 4 or 5 and made rockets out of soda bottles.  They decorated them how they wanted and the object was to see whose flew the furthest.
She was so excited to launch it....and other grades came out to watch them too.  It was quite the show. 
Mr Brown even made one to launch...his went so far. They even shot it off twice.
K's went up really far and landed with a thud.  And there was fun had by all.  (Have no idea whose went the highest as that was the last day of school before Fall Break.
Way to go Homer....I mean K!

No comments: