Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Spike It!

This year J tried out for the volleyball team at the middle school.  She really has not ever played on a VB team before, so I was worried that she wouldn't make it.  Especially since she didn't play last year and most of the players would be returning which would make it hard for a newbie to get in there.

I WAS WRONG!  She made the 8th grade team and was overjoyed.  I guess it really is in her blood, so I shouldn't be surprised.  However, the team did not do so well.  They won a few games, but no full matches. They had some girls that were really good servers but they lacked working as a team and using all 3 hits to get it over the net.  I could actually go on and on about what they should have worked on and how the coach should have taught them this or that, but J had a blast and that is all that counts in my book.
Their banquet was having the girls gather together right after school for ice cream sundaes.  They got their awards and pictures and that was it.  In some ways it makes it easy to do it that way, but in others, I wish that they would include the parents and make it a big deal. 
So the season is over and I can breathe for a minute.....until the next sport starts up!

Good Job J!

No comments: