Sunday, October 21, 2012

So Excited

When we were visiting my parents in Utah this past summer, K noticed that Grandma had a big scarf that she brought with her when we went out to dinner.  She would throw it over her shoulders as she gets cold in restaurants.  K absolutely fell in love with it and asked her where she got it.....from Aunt Susan, she said.  She said she wanted one too.

She never really said anything more about it.  We saw Aunt Susan and Uncle Mark a week or so later at the reunion, but I guess she asked Aunt Susan if she could buy her a scarf just like Grandma's.  I didn't even know that she had said anything to them......until we get a package in the mail before Fall Break addressed to K from Aunt Susan.  In it was this beautiful pink scarf and a note saying that they were in Wisconsin a bit ago and saw this in a shop and knew that K had to have it.  How sweet is that.....no reason, just wanted her to have it.  I have the best brother and sister-in-law in the world to think of my children like that....thanks guys!  She loves it and wouldn't take it off for days.  It took all I had to get her not wear it to bed. 

1 comment:

Holly said...

Those are the best kind of surprises! :)