So this month...almost to the day of 2 years....I was released as RS President. I was lucky enough to work closely with 5 wonderful ladies throughout that time. One moved away and the other was put in the stake so I got an extra 2 for my presidency. In some ways it was a very long 2 years, while in other ways it went by so quickly. I learned a lot of things that have helped me grow personally and spiritually. I had to step out of my comfort zone and forget that I am truly a shy girl inside and put myself out there for the sisters in my ward....very hard to do at times. But I became close with many women that I am so grateful for their friendships. I hope that I did a good job...I feel that I did the best that I could and I accomplished much. I am not going to miss the meetings, the worries and stress, the intimate knowledge of what is happening within the ward, the sleepless nights.....you name it. I am looking forward to the rest....at least from this calling.
Before we were released, we went out for one last official "Presidency" lunch. It also happened to be a birthday we were celebrating as well, but none the less, it was a great time. I sure love these ladies and look forward to "relaxing" at the next RS function! Thanks ladies for all your support!
Now on to my new calling.....Ward Girl's Camp Director and Sunday School teacher (this one starts in Jan)
Class Picture
14 years ago
1 comment:
Ward Camp Director will be perfect for you! :) Those girls are lucky...
Post a Comment