Tuesday, December 11, 2012

13 Years Today

I always post something on December 11th...every year, never missed.  OK, so I have only had my blog for the last 4 years, so I haven't posted for 13 years straight........but the last 4 years I have remembered my sister on this day.
I can't believe that she has been gone this long.  I was talking to M in the car today about it....she was only 3 years old.  She doesn't remember much of the events after her Aunt Pam died.  She remembers it was snowy and cold at the cemetery.....that's about it.  I remember many details....details that I wish I never had to deal with.  She left way too soon. 

I often wonder what life would be like if she was still here.  I look back and see all the memories that were made without her.  How many events she missed in our family.  How many reunions we have had that she has not been a part of.  I know that she has been there in spirit, but I sure missed having her right by our sides laughing with us. 

My life is not the same without her.....I miss her and I am sure glad that she is still a part of me and a part of my family.  Can't wait to give her a hug and tell her how much I love her.  I love you big sis!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

This makes me so sad. I know how much you and your family must miss your sister. I am so grateful for the knowledge that one day you will indeed embrace your sweet sister again. I can wait for you to do that cuz I want you to be here and be my friend for a long, long time!