Sunday, January 6, 2013

Broadmoor

Every year I say I want to go to the Broadmoor Hotel and just walk around during Christmas time.  They have it all decorated and pretty, or so I hear.  I've also been told they have Gingerbread houses every year, so I keep saying we will go.  Finally this year, we went.  Believe it or not, I have never been to the Broadmoor before.  Not saying to stay as it is expensive, but just to walk around the beautiful old hotel and the grounds.  T has gone a few times, but the rest of us have not.
Not sure the rest of the family really wanted to do it, but I told them that was what we were doing this year.  We were running out of time before the new year and so we were limited on our nights we could go.  We ended up having to choose between this and the zoo's electric lights.  We go every year to the zoo and it really has become a tradition, but it gets to a point that "you have seen it all before".  That sounds so harsh, but now that the kids are older, some of the magic is gone.  Don't get me wrong, we love the zoo and Christmas lights, but I think we are all ready to move on.  Maybe we will make it an every other year kind of thing, we will see.  Anyway, it was such a beautiful hotel at Christmas time. 
There are Christmas trees everywhere.....in every banquet room, every room in the lobbies, outside....everywhere.  It really was all done up to the hilt.  But then again, this is the Broadmoor.
There were tons of people milling around, sitting in the many comfy couches, and enjoying the warmth of the fireplaces. 
I must say that it was down right cold as we walked out by the lake, but it was fun to see the girls laughing and playing and having fun together.
The Gingerbread houses were cute....Western theme this year.  My favorite was the sawmill where they were cutting the gingerbread men in half....yes, morbid, but oh so funny.
It was a nice evening to end the Christmas season with as we get ready for the new year.

No comments: