This break I needed a break! Heehee. We all needed time away from "stuff" and to just be, well....US! And for a couple of years now I have wanted to go see the lights in Downtown Denver (like a did when I was a child) and so when I got an email from our favorite hotel giving a discount for a stay, I jumped at it.
The only thing is it didn't turn out how I envisioned it going. I was hoping to go up early enough to do a bit of shopping and then check in right at the check in time. We would swim, have dinner and then go check out the lights. And maybe even get more swimming in before we went to bed. My hubby even took the whole day off so when the kids got out of school at noon, we could go. NOPE.......not the way it happened...darn it! We found out the family Christmas present was being delivered that day and we didn't want to have it left on the porch in the cold, so we decided to wait for it......and wait.....and wait. We were all getting antsy as we were ready to go play. Finally at.......6:30....yep PM, it arrives. Of course, we had to be the last delivery of the night and not the first. Our luck, right. So after hiding it and making sure it was all there, we left. Starving as we were, we couldn't wait for Denver, so we had dinner here in town before heading out. We didn't get to the hotel til 8:30pm. So we quickly checked in and headed to the lights.






It was a bit chilly, but could have been worse and we had a good time laughing and playing around....just what we needed...to let loose and just not worry about anything. Downtown....at night....on "the day the world is to end"....is very interesting. But fun! We decided to walk over to the capitol as the girls have not seen the MILE HIGH STEP.




By the time we got back to the hotel, the pool was closed....bummer. So we hung out in the room watching goofy TV shows and reading books. It was nice and relaxing. Next morning, I took J and K down with me to breakfast early.......8:00 is early when you are on vacation. But we wanted to get some swim time in before we had to check out. I hate that they have check out time at 11, so I asked if we could have a late check out. Yipee...got an extra hour, so after breakfast, we jumped in the pool. So nice and warm and we had it all to ourselves. M and my hubby were poopers and just stayed in the room and read. Hubby never even made it down for breakfast......lazy morning, just how he likes it! After getting cleaned up and packed up, we were off for more fun at the.......
We decided that it had been 7 years for most of us since we had been....longer for M since we went on a field trip for J. We had a great time walking through and seeing all the sea life.
But our favorite was the tiger. Yea, weird to have a tiger at an aquarium, but he was so cute. There was suppose to be 4 of them, but we only saw the one.....and he kept staring right at us. It was a bit freaky....we must have looked like a good piece of steak or something.
We even got to pet the sting rays.....and get our sleeves wet in the process......
Afterwards, was a normal stop at Cafe Rio for a late lunch and on home again. It was a really nice weekend, even if it was not exactly how I had it planned. I will take the time away with my family any way I can get it these days. It was just what "santa" ordered! Now on to Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment