I guess it is time I weigh in on the movie Twilight. Yea, I know it is crazy, but I have heard and read several comments from friends on their take of the movie, so thought it was my turn. First off, let me make it clear that I am not a fanatic. I have read the books only once and in fact I still have not read the 4th book yet. That should be sign enough right?! Anyway, my daughter M is 12--enough said. She has read the books way too many times to count. She and her friends talk all the time about Edward and Bella and Jacob. She is fanatic enough for both of us, although she does not have Twilight tshirts to wear or pictures of the characters plastered everywhere. Anyway, she has been counting down the days to this movie and I have been excited as well to see how they bring the book to life. So I took her out of school on Friday to go see it. (yes, you can say it, I am the coolest mom ever--I ROCK!) Now, I didn't expect it to be outstandingly fabulous. There is no way that the movie ever is as good as the book. So I was okay with the movie. I thought it was pretty good-entertaining and I thought worth the $5 ticket price. I am sure that I will see it again and if M has her way, we will own the DVD the very day it comes out. By the way, she loved it!!!! Loved it!! It was interesting to see the people that were picked to play each character. I thought they did great in picking Dr. Cullen, Emmett, James and Edward. I really didn't like Bella but with her personality, I am not sure if any other actress could have portrayed her any differently or better. My favorite scene in the movie is the baseball game. I just liked the way they played it, their uniforms, their quirky comments and responses. The fight in the studio wasn't bad either. Anyway, I am glad that I saw the movie and on top of that, I had some fun mom/daughter time.
4 comments:
You do rock, that's a fun mother/daughter thing to go do! I enjoyed myself, I went with the girls last Friday night. I didn't think the movie was fabulous but I liked it. I am not a fanatic either but I did love the books. I have only read them once though. :)
WOW...you are a cool MOM! I have the book,but have not started reading it yet. A couple of my girlfriends went to the movie and did not like as well as the book too. ;)
Hey, aren't you the president of the "I Love Edward fan club" in Colorado Springs?? That movie would have been WAAAYYYYY better if they would have just got the meadow scene right. Is that too much to ask really?
Good to know...I haven't even read the books, but about 20 of us are going this friday so thatnks for the info. Have a happy thanksgiving!
Post a Comment