Monday, April 13, 2009

Is It Christmas?


This is what we woke to on Easter Morning. Not what you would hope for when you want to wear spring dresses. Why can't we have weather like this on Christmas!

Actually I am glad that if it was to snow like that this weekend, it was Sunday that it fell on. I was in charge of the annual Boy Scout fundraiser on Friday and Saturday and we needed good weather to aerate lawns. I was quite worried when I woke Saturday and it was snowing before we even started the first lawn. Thank goodness for the prayer that was said as we started the day. The flakes were small and didn't stick and eventually stopped. There was no wind in the morning, but by afternoon it was kicking up. But by that time, the sun was out so it wasn't as cold as it usually is when it blows. So the day went without a hitch beside the fact that the rental place decided to close 2 hours earlier than normal. It was a success and I am so glad it is over--it is always so much work to get it organized.

Because of the fundraiser, Easter fell to the wayside this year. I didn't mean it to happen, but with getting back from vacation this last week and the aeration, there was not much time for Easter fun. We didn't have an egg hunt and we haven't even colored eggs yet. I told the kids we would do it for family night, but they really don't seem to have minded much. No new dresses this year and we had to substitute colored gift bags for baskets this year. (Our decorations have been pushed back so far in the garage from all the basement stuff, that I couldn't get to it this year. So no decorations either--I am a bad mother)

It wasn't all a wash as we did have our normal ham dinner, annual Easter family pix, and went to church. We even had our Easter lesson with the colored eggs. Thank goodness a friend had a brunch in which she offered that as a craft to put together for our family. (again, because my own set is in the decoration box)Maybe I will have it together better next year. Thank goodness the Easter Bunny was on it!

4 comments:

Jean McKendrick said...

Snow on Easter, how crazy is that! I think Easter snuck up on us all. I was lucky to dig the baskets out two days before Easter. I threw some bunny place mats on the table, an Easter tree in the center and called it good. We did dye eggs that we won't eat. :)

Tara said...

Cute pix! I love the new one on the side with you guys on your cruise!

Jamie said...

The snow was totally crazy. What was up with that? Brian was telling me this past weekend that out of all the callings he could get that Scouts would be the hardest because it takes up pretty much your whole life. (He also said he was going to be really mean to some kids in front of the bishop so he won't ever get called into scouts...)Thanks for all your hard work!

Holly said...

We had rain all day Saturday and we thought it would be horrible weather here...thankfully it was sunny! The family looks great! Glad the fundraiser worked out well. :)