You know it is a mother's right to brag so here I go again. T just seems to keep them coming. We were invited to the Teacher's Awards Ceremony this evening at the high school. They actually sent out nice invitations in the mail to those students that were going to receive an award from their teachers. We had no idea what he was getting, we only knew it was something. We figured it was going to be something in ROTC and maybe Math. We were wrong. He was beat out by 2 points in the ROTC category and beat out again by one of his good friends for Math. What he did receive was OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE in Physical Education. He figures that is from his 100% in his Team Building Class (ropes course). Then at the end of the evening (after 2 hours of awards)was the Scorpion of the Year award. They called up 4 boys and 4 girls from each grade level as finalists and then announced the winner. T was again beat out by the same friend that beat him in math. But hey, he was a FRESHMAN FINALIST for SCORPION OF THE YEAR. How great is that. He was so jazzed and so were his parents. I'll tell you, this is a great motivator for him to continue to do well in his grades and keep up that school spirit. I am going to go broke with all the frames I am having to buy for all these awards. What a great first year of high school he has had. Keep it up T!!!! We are so proud of the great young man you have become.
Class Picture
14 years ago
5 comments:
How exciting! Good for T! I can just see the buttons bursting off his parents shirts!
Your family rocks melanie! And yes you definitely have the right to brag!!
CONGRATS T! Keep it up! That is so great to hear! :)
That is awesome. Your are right, what great motivation for him to continue to work hard and strive for good grades. What a good boy!
Bragging is the best part of being a Mom!! Way to go T, I bet he'll get that Scorpion of the Year award yet. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment