
I love Mother's Day because it is the one day I know for sure that I get to be with my family with no other obligations getting in the way. No extra meetings, just our regular church time and the rest of the day is just us. I love spending time with my family doing whatever or nothing at all. Just being together! Having them make me dinner is not a bad thing either. It was nice to change into my jammies right after getting home from church and relaxing without interruptions. (well, there was one interruption-thanks Rach for stopping by-good friends are the exception) And then the next thing I know, I was being called to dinner. What service! We had steaks cooked on the grill with baked potatoes, vegetables, rolls, and fresh pineapple. How great is that. And for dessert, a Coldstone ice cream cake. Get this--Yellow cake layer with a layer of strawberry ice cream mixed with graham crackers.

Then a layer of caramel and another layer of yellow cake, followed by a layer of cheesecake ice cream with chunks of strawberries mixed in. YUM! Good choice, honey! Then I was lavished with homemade cards and letters and pictures and such. K made me a planting pot in school with tissue paper glued to the sides and a packet of seeds in it. She had a "Handprint" card with it. Then after hearing all week--"Don't look, Mommy" and "Close your eyes", I was able to see all the things the little girls had made for me. So cute and very clever in their creations. I even got a picture drawn from M that was so good it looked like she traced it from a book. She is quite the artist I must say. Of ocurse, flowers too - light purple mums. Very pretty! Then, as I was sitting on the floor, they ALL came up to me and started giving me a massage. My hubby was doing my back, each little girl had an arm, and the bigger kids each took a shoulder. WOW-it was a surprise and it was nice. Can you keep going please? K even went to the feet (which I never get). Then my hubby said that he didn't think they had done a very good job and quickly presented me with a gift certificate to have one done professionally. I can handle that although I thought they were doing a great job. Of course, my lower back was feeling deprived though. So I am exctied to get lost in a massage in the coming days. Ever have one done? You don't know what you are missing (if you get someone good that is). We finished up the evening playing games together. That has got to be one of my all time favorite things to do with my family when we are at home. It was a great Mother's Day. The one thing missing was having my own mother here to spend it with. I love you Mom!
5 comments:
It sounds like a nice relaxing day. We had a ton of family over for dinner. Did I cook the meat OR clean up afterwards? NOPE! Eric did...such a sweetheart! ;)
That's awesome! I've never had a pro massage...I'll have to try it sometime! Where do you go?
Okay, that ice cream cake sounds delicious and that is coming from someone who doesn't even really like ice cream. I might have to go get one of those. I'm glad your family pampered you properly. I hope your massage is nice and relaxing!!
Was that ice cream cake killer or what? An ice cream cake is what Matt requested for his b.day this week, I was trying to decide where to get one! You sound like you had a relaxing, wonderful mother's day! Good for you. I have not had a massage but I so need one. Personal space issue I guess. I have gotten brave and finally gone to the chiropractor, now I need to work up the courage for a massage. :)
Man, that cake sounds delectible! And the massage ... oooh mama! You had a great day!
Post a Comment