
DEPENDABLE #1: This morning was the 1st grade award assembly for the end of the year. I was so glad I was not busy since I didn't find out about it until an hour before. They are always so simple and quick, but still important for me to attend. K was given the "Always Dependable" award. She was so cute, afterwards she came up and asked me what that word was. When I told her, she said, "What does that mean?" Of course, it is something we all want to be, so I hope she stays that way for a long time. She was so happy that I came and wanted me to stay the rest of the day and play games with her. I love this age when mommy is fun and they want you to hang around with them. Wish my teenagers still thought that! (Actually I think they still do, sometimes that is) Great job this year K!

DEPENDABLE #2: You can always depend on these guys to put on a good show. I'm talking the Air Force THUNDERBIRDS! Today was graduation day and we look forward to this day every year to go watch the jets fly. (We missed them last year as we were in Utah) T had 1/2 day so he was able to go with me and hubby to watch. We park in a field across the freeway from the stadium where they fly out to make their turns and come right over us. It is so great! Today was the first beautiful sunny day in a long time. Thank goodness the cloudy, rainy weather stayed away so they could fly. They were an hour late with the first fly-by but it is always worth the wait. We never tire of watching these amazing pilots maneuvering these awesome jets. What a great show! If you haven't seen them, you are missing out.


DEPENDABLE #3: Tonight was M's Honor Roll assembly. She received straight A's for the whole year in all her classes again this year. She got a medal and a T-shirt and the parents even got a rose as a thank you. I can always depend on her to do well in school. She gets her homework done and studies for her tests without me even asking her to do so. School comes very natural for her and I never have to worry about her getting it all done. This year, she had to pick a core teacher she felt had been an influence on her this year. She picked her Language Arts teacher, Ms. Gist. She wanted to pick another teacher that was really her favorite, but since some of the other kids picked him, she decided to pick someone else. Dependable and thoughtful. What a great child. Once we got to the assembly, M found out that Ms. Gist would be the one to present her with the award while the paragraph she wrote was being read. She was so embarrassed but she did fine and she was thrilled that she didn't turn red while she was up there. We are so proud of her and look forward to this same assembly next year. We are sure she will achieve her goal of getting All A's for all of middle school. Way to go M!
4 comments:
LOVE the Thunderbirds!! We go every year too. Congrats to M for getting straight A's, that's quite the accomplishment.
Congrats to the girls! :)
We miss the TUnderbirds...they were always a good show! ;)
Tell M I said congratulations! I think you are being modest, I heard there was only a small handful of kids that received that award (and 3 or them were from our ward? We rock!)
Um, I sort of remember Caleb showing me an award but I don't remember what it was for and I'm positive it is in the trash now. Can you say slacker mom?
Congratulations on all your kiddos achievements. They are good kids.
I never did see the Thunderbirds show, thanks for the vicarious experience.
Post a Comment