Thursday, July 8, 2010

Can Frogs and Bears Co-Exist?

My little girls have been waiting patiently for me to decorate their room-ever since M moved into her new room at the end of last year.  I know--I have been procrastinating.  If you have ever seen their room, you would too.  Way too much stuff.  Several months ago, I made them go through their things and put what they wanted to keep in a box and those boxes have been sitting there all this time.  So while M was away at Girl's Camp last week, I set out to paint their room.  It took me 2 days to get it done and today we finally finished getting everything out of the boxes and all the pictures hung back on the walls.  And it looks very cute if I don't say so myself. 
Months ago, I let them pick the colors they wanted and of course they couldn't decide on one.  J picked lime green and K picked hot pink.  After seeing the colors together, I thought they could actually go well together.  I picked a third color to go on a few of the walls and decided to split the other two colors.  J has the top bunk so the top half of the room is green and K has the bottom bunk so she can see the lower pink half.  At the last minute, I decided to make a strip through the center with the 3rd color and only do that color on 2 walls.  So to have a pattern in the center strip, I asked them to pick their favorite animal.  J picked frogs--good choice since it goes with green---and K picked bears--not teddy bears, but grizzly bears.  Pink grizzlies????  But ok, so we set out to find stamps of those animals.  OK, there is no stamps of grizzlies anywhere, so a paw print was the best we could come up with.  She was happy and it actually turned out good.  So, yes frogs and bears can live peacefully together---well, maybe some of the time! :)

I also found these white letters on sale for cheap and let them pick out paper and ribbon to match their rooms.  Then I mod podged them and they turned out even cuter.  My creative bones need a vacation after all this.  Good thing I'm taking one soon.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow, that looks way cute! Good job! :)

Holly said...

LOVE IT! SOOO CUTE! :)

Jean McKendrick said...

Cute! Good job!

Anonymous said...

Cute cute ... for my cute grandkids. I love that you are so creative.