Tuesday, July 6, 2010

HAIL to the 4th of July

This is what our 4th of July looked like this year in Colorado-
First there was thunder, then lightning, and finally rain.  But wait, then the hail starts.  That storm lasted about 15 minutes.   Just when we thought it was over, here it comes again but with more of everything and bigger hailstones.  This one lasted longer and some of the hail got to be about quarter size.  We watched from the front window until we couldn't stand it any longer and headed to open the garage.  After it was over, the kids decided to go out and play.  They did say that the water was very cold on their feet.  I think FREEZING was the word they used.  I am so glad that we decided to celebrate on Saturday.  I wouldn't have wanted to go out and watch fireworks after that.

Another round of hail just came tonight as we were out.  Hope there are no dents on my car.  And of course, it is over as quickly as it came.  This is typical Colorado summer weather, so this is normal.

2 comments:

Holly said...

K, I don't miss the crazy hail storms... ;)

COKE FAMILY said...

2nd 4th in a row, not fun for the fireworks but makes for a great story!