Monday, September 27, 2010

A Day Out on the Farm!

The kids were out of school on Friday for some staff development day.  That only means one thing:  PLAYTIME!  So I took the girls, met up with some friends and headed to the country.  We spent the morning at Spotted Horse Barnyard feeding chickens, holding bunnies, petting goats, and feeding, petting and riding horses.  The kids even got to go for a hayride and got their faces painted.  It was lots of fun.  Our favorite part was riding the horses.  For the rest of the day, K kept saying she wished she was still on the horse.  I guess we will have to fork over the money and go on a big trail ride so they an get their fill of horseback riding.

They got to feed them treats

And brush them

They couldn't get enough of the horses

Here are some of the kids listening to the lady tell them about the horses
 (I think there was about 16 kids total)

J chasing after a chicken to try and feed it

K just throwing the whole cup of food into the chicken coop

Mr Turkey kept following us around and squawking at us

The bunnies were a hit with K

And J

But the horses were the favorite....K riding Harley

J riding Jesse

M was on Harley too

It was a gorgeous day to be out on the farm and the people were so very nice and hospitable.  K has already said she wants to have her birthday party out there next year.  I must say, it was a great way to spend our day off.  HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU!!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

How fun! I'm going to have to get more info on this place. It looks like something MY girls would love! I love the shot of the turkey. All I keep thinking with that one is how great he's gonna be on my table at Thanksgiving! ha ha!!