Friday, September 24, 2010

Landing in the Stars

PRE NOTE:  Below is the post I started writing while T was at Homecoming last Saturday night.  However, I have been putting off posting it.  Not sure if I should and that it why it has taken me so long to actually post it.  But then I knew I should since this is really a journal of sorts and this really was part of our year.  So here it is....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That was the theme for Homecoming this year.  T said it was Space Mountain, or at least that is what it reminded him of.   (Can you tell we just went to Disneyland?)

This year he took someone that was new to the school and who is on his Cross Country team (there seems to be a pattern).  She is a cute girl and I think they look good together.  He told me she was wearing a black dress, so we had to go get him a black shirt and silver tie so he could match.  Ok, that doesn't look like black to me.....Not sure, but I think he was just trying to get a new shirt out of it. :)  A pink tie really would have looked great, but I still think he looks very sharp and quite handsome.
This year, they were doubling with another couple.  When I asked T if we were doing pictures of all 4 of them, he asked..... why would we do that...I don't need a picture of my friend's girl??? 

It was an extra special night because this is the first Homecoming that he didn't have to have his mom drive him to the dance.  He is legal to drive another person outside his family now.  He wanted to impress her, so he washed the car, vacuumed it out and even did some detail work on it.  He wanted it clean and sparkling for the big night.  His dad was so impressed he thought he ought to have T go out on a big date more often so he can have a clean car.  Maybe I should have him take the family van next time???   :)

Their night consisted of dinner at Chili's, the dance at school, and Village Inn afterwards for dessert. 

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

POST NOTE: Sounds like a fun night, right?!  Ok, so it didn't go as planned.  All I can say......ok actually I have a lot to say about it, but I won't.......is that she is not as cute as she was when I took the above pix.  But T is still very handsome and a fabulously great guy.  Stay Nice Buddy!

5 comments:

Rach said...

Oh no! Well, it did sound like fun until I read your post note. I'm sorry if T got his feelings hurt or if that girl treated him badly. It's her loss, because I happen to know that T is an AWESOME young man. The teenage years are hard (for kids and Moms), huh?

Holly said...

LOVE the 'prenote' and 'postnote'...truly shows the inner workings with out going into details. As a Mom, you will always rememeber, but as an outsider...we won't and that's okay.
He sure did look handsome! ;o)

Maureen said...

Oh man, I agree with Rachael. I hate when some girl hurts one of my sons. T is SUCH a nice young man. What's wrong with these girls that they don't appreciate that? Well, whatever happened, T looks amazing in that picture. Sometime in the future some special young woman is going to like seeing pix of him when he was young. :D

Tara said...

Ya know, there's a lot of fun things you can do with photoshop! How evil am I that I'm encouraging you to draw a mustache & devil horns on a teenage girl. I guess it's the "mama bear" in me- even though he's not my "cub"! ;0) I don't think any of us would blame ya, though! ha ha! Even without knowing what happened, I think we can ALL agree that T is WAAAY too good for her! ;)

COKE FAMILY said...

He looks so handsome. I couldn't get David to go because he isn't legal to drive anyone else yet. Krys went with a group of friends. I'll get pictures up soon!