I am a big BYU fan----HUGE! I am proud to be alumni of BYU. I spent 5 years there and loved every minute of it. I love anything BYU and so when something comes around to Colorado Springs that is related to the Y, I am there. One of my most favorite is BYU football. LOVE IT!!! My roommates and I would stay up all night standing in line just to get season tickets to all the home games. Those are the most fun times, so when BYU comes to play Air Force---we go no matter what. We were always sad that it was every 2 years and not every year. But now we are doubly sad since the Cougars will be an independent after this season, which means that this year is most likely the last time we will get to see them play at the Academy. So today's game was bitter sweet. We were so excited to see them play, but sad that it will be the last time....not to mention they lost big time (14-35).
Coming out at the beginning of the game
Starting kickoff by Air Force
1st Touchdown belonged to BYU!
notice the cute BYU decal on M's cheek? All the girls had them and they looked so cute. M even has BYU earrings---you show that school spirit girl!
We had a great time at the game. It was perfect weather--ok, almost. The parachute team didn't drop because of the wind, but we were happy the sun was shining and it was not boiling hot. We were disappointed in the fly over since they didn't go very fast over us and it wasn't loud. We love loud.
It is always interesting to see the cadets on the field at the beginning. This time when they were done, they just ran off in every direction rather than marching off.
With it being September 11, there were many references to that day 9 years ago. Of course, there was a moment of silence. It was amazing to not hear a sound when we were in a packed stadium. They had some NY policemen there as well as a couple of children that were in the Pentagon Daycare. There was a special feeling there and I was happy to be a part of it.
Half time is always cool. There is the flying of the falcon and we were lucky to have him fly right over us on one of his passes.
And then the unrolling of the HUGE flag. They waved it up and down so it looked like it was blowing in the wind.
We were sad not to be in the middle of the BYU section, but happy that we had better seats than them. I like being in the center of the activity, so when I saw Cosmo mulling around those sections I was a bit jealous. As I was watching him, I noticed him come to the bottom of our area. So I took that as my chance and took the girls down to him to get their picture. They were thrilled. (I should have gotten one with him too...what was I thinking?)
We had a great time as a family even though T always roots for AF. It is a fun family rivalry and he was so happy that they finally won. Out of the 26 times these teams have played each other, BYU has won 21 times.
We look forward to seeing other BYU sports still come to the Academy so we can go watch them play and hopefully, kick some serious b---!!! You Rock Cougars!
4 comments:
We always love going too, even if they don't win (though I am sure T was quite happy with the results!). We have to let Air Force win every now and then, right?? Go BYU!!
Your Mom and Dad knew you would be there. And were happy to watch the game on TV. I am sorry that they lost this time. Maybe next time they will win big.
Great pictures! Looks like so much fun. Jason was there (working) and said it was a perfect day. Just what all you tan McAllister's needed was more sun! You guys look so great! I'm a little jealous. ;)
I used to love going to those games when I was at the Y too. Such fun, so much screaming, so much enthusiasm. Glad you got to go!
Post a Comment