So much has happened this last week and I have not posted about any of it.....mostly because I was playing with my parents. Yea, I was so lucky to get to have my mom and dad here for Mother's Day weekend. I can not remember the last time I spent this special day with my awesome mom.........
They normally come over once a year and so decided this was the best time. Actually it didn't even dawn on me until a few days before they got here that she would be here on that day. I guess that tells you how busy I have been and I lost track of actual dates. Good thing I didn't have to do anything to prepare for that Sunday.....it was all on my sweet hubby and kids to make that day run smoothly. And they did....I had a fabulous Mother's Day!
It started out great cuz I got to sit next to my mother for all 3 meetings at church. In the past when they visit, I have to be in the nursery, or the primary room, or YW...anywhere but Sunday School or RS....so this was a treat for me. We had great talks by the youth who are graduating this year about their mothers (I will have to wait to here T speak in a couple of weeks). We came home and took pictures.......I have to get pics with my kids every year.
And because I didn't get enough time to finish my mom's gift, she and I were able to work on that all afternoon. I was very unsure how it would turn out (you know how you have this picture in your mind how you want it to look) but I thought it looked great. I wanted something my mom could look out and think of ALL of her family.
Then came the really good stuff.....food! My honey and my wonderful children made the best dinner ever...so far anyway. Doesn't it look good?
They grilled up some BBQ ribs (my favorite) and made a salad and rice and M even made this cut out specially for me (ok, my mom got one too)
I was very impressed with my gift this year. I mentioned awhile back how much fun it would be to have one of these and he remembered......
So this was our dessert for the evening and we had a blast. The kids even did the clean up without being asked.
And on Saturday, these were delivered to me.....Thanks honey! They are gorgeous.
This was the best Mother's Day ever. Thanks to my family for making it memorable! You are all the best!
1 comment:
Thanks for a lovely time. I enjoyed watching you interact with your family. It was special to be with you on this Mother's Day.
Enjoy it now, for time passes by quickly and before you know it you will be an "empty nester"... just you & Karl.
Love you... your Mom
Love from your Mom
Post a Comment