Sunday, May 22, 2011

Vroom, Vroom!

So every year my kids get to participate in the RACE TO READ program at the school.  They read so many hours and get free tickets to a certain night at Bandamere.  Well, Saturday night was the night to watch all those fast cars race down the road.  We always have a blast.

This year was just us girls.........
The boys decided that they needed to go fishing (they haven't been this season and were itchin to go) so, not to disappoint J and K after they read all those many hours, I took the girls up myself.  We left early enough to stop at the Outlet Stores to do a little shopping and then on to Denver for some dinner and to watch the races.

It was a gorgeous night.....thank goodness cuz we heard it might rain.......

Our favorite race is always the jet powered cars.......(I had a movie, but I guess it was too big)  So this is a pix taken from the movie......They were going so fast, I was glad that I could get this shot.......


We had a great time, even though it didn't feel the same without the guys.  We laughed and cheered and laughed some more.  Then on our way home, we made it with a minute to spare before Krispy Kremes closed for the night.  Had to get some yummy donuts to take home.  Of course, we bought extras for the drive home.  YUMO!  It was a fabulous day!

No comments: